Hi! My mission is to build technology that advances our civilization.
I love building things. My projects have received funding from Pioneer, a remote accelerator for projects and startups built by ambitious outsiders around the world.
I have a strong curiosity for the intersection of computer science and financial systems, because the creation and exchange of value is at the core of human activity. Technology has the ability (and responsibility!) to make that more efficient and accessible. I’ve enjoyed writing about these subjects for publications like Hacker Noon.
I was the first in my family to attend college. I graduated from Brown University in Computer Science & Economics, where I was also a teaching assistant, hackathon prizewinner, and founder/president of 3 student organizations.
I speak Portuguese, Mandarin, and English daily. I love to read.
Say hello at firstname.lastname@example.org! Thank you for stopping by.
A wallet earning yield from money markets on Polygon (Ethereum scalability solution). Integrated with Aave, Zapper’s data API, and the Torus wallet for seamless/passwordless login using social accounts.
Poolside is the source for new listings and trending assets in decentralized finance. Find and search through real-time data aggregated from The Graph, Uniswap, 1inch, Aavegotchi, Coinmarketcap and more.
A wallet for USD stablecoins that earns interest. Starting with South America, the goal is to help people in countries like Brazil to protect the value of their savings against currency depreciation.
Began during HackMoney, a month-long hackathon for decentralized finance. Highlighted by the Compound Protocol as one of their favorite projects at the hackathon.
It became a top 20 project on Pioneer (out of ~1k). Saw ~25% WoW increase in signups on landing page since August 2020. Participated in IDEO’s Product Validation Day, among 32 selected teams from 120+ that applied for the program at the world’s most renowned design firm.
Prototyped in Brazilian Portuguese & English. Stack: Node/Express, Web3.js, Infura, Compound smart contracts & API, non-custodial wallets such as Portis/Fortmatic/Torus.
Product Search for peer-to-peer marketplaces. Product Hunt | Demo
Winner on Pioneer. Presented in online demo day to audience of 400, including Laura Deming (Longevity Fund), Tyler Cowen (economist), Zach Sims (Codecademy) and Patrick McKenzie (Stripe).
Inspired by CryptoKitties, non-fungible tokens representing elements of clean energy.
Also a winner on Pioneer! Blog
Self-driven project while interviewing at Brex. I read every article I could find about Brex, dug into the company’s customer support pages and “reverse-engineered” the Brex Dashboard while incorporating some ideas for new features.
Used Compound.js to build a simple UI for querying account, cToken and market history data from Compound.
Real-time, remote “office hours” with verified medical experts. During COVID-19, we hear a lot of advice/news, but don’t always know what’s accurate. So SnapMed is here to democratize instant access to reliable information. Built with 3 fellow engineers during a COVID-19 hackathon! Devpost
Classifying products with using fast.ai’s deep learning libraries. Write-up
Conditional spending on Ethereum.
A full-stack dApp for accountability. View on Github
Trained an RNN on 160 whitepapers to generate some crypto-jargon from scratch.
More on Medium
- 2x Winner on Pioneer (Remote accelerator founded by former YC partner Daniel Gross, funded by Stripe and a16z)
- Winner of Torus sponsor prize ($2k) at Scaling Ethereum Hackathon
- Winner of Aavegotchi & The Graph sponsor prizes ($2k) at MarketMake (Decentralized Finance) Hackathon
- On Deck Fellow
- Pear VC Builders Fellow
- Speaker at Brex + 500 Startups fireside chat
- Speaker at Brown Fintech Group
- Former Brown University Women in Business President, member of Alumni Advisory Board
- Founder of Lean In at Brown (as freshman), invited to leadership summit w/ Sheryl Sandberg
- Winner, HackForHer Prize at Microsoft Company-wide Hackathon 2015
- Winner, Usability Prize at Hack@Brown 2014
- Finalist at HackBrazil 2017
- Finalist at Carnegie Mellon University Venture Challenge 2016
- Square Code Camp (1 in 20 among 500 applicants)
- Google Grace Hopper Scholarship
- Facebook Grace Hopper Scholarship
- Google Anita Borg Academic Scholarship
- Microsoft Academic Scholarship
- Brown University International Scholarship Committee Grant
- Internship offer at J.P. Morgan with scholarship (Sales & Trading), Mastercard